24.8 C
Toronto, ON
Friday, July 21, 2017

Fundraising For Queen’s College In Guyana

BY: LEANNE BENN For any Guyanese, or person acquainted with Guyana, the name Queen’s College stretches back some 173 years; long before Guyana celebrated it’s...

Not Just Another Change Leadership Event

BY: CHELSEA OWUSU Toronto will be hosting a leadership event that will offer knowledge and tips on improving a business or organization in today's changing...

A Gala in Celebration of Motherhood

BY: KABRENA ROBINSON An essential component of the annual occasion that is Mother’s Day is the gesture of gratitude. A day set aside to honour...

Citizens Invited to City Hall to Assist in Refining Toronto for All Action Plan

BY: JELANI GRANT The City of Toronto held a panel at City Hall regarding TorontoForAll’s proposed action plan to eliminate anti-black racism. Director of Social Policy,...

Social Legacy Event Group Reach Out To GTA’s Young Men With Motivational Speeches

BY: JELANI GRANT The Social Legacy Event Group presented a forum called I Know I Can Be What I Want to Be, dedicated to motivating...

Afrikan History Club

BY: JELANI GRANT At the back of The Spot inside Yorkgate on Jane and Finch, Dave Rankin and Shadow are referring to Dr. Yosef Ben-Jochannan’s...

Camp Jumoke Rallies for Sickle Cell Awareness Day

BY: CHELSEA OWUSU A Canadian summer camp is recognizing the need to support and protect children living with sickle cell disease. Camp Jumoke is Canada’s...

New To Canada Employment Expo

BY: LEANNE BENN As an immigrant, one of the hardest challenges you can face in a new country is getting used to the culture and...

The Toronto Caribbean Business Social Takes The Community By Storm

BY: KRISTINA RAMCHARRAN Imagine a place where the community could come together and promote their businesses. Where people can interact and network with one another...

Revolutionizing the Children of Rexdale

BY: KRISTINA RAMCHARRAN The Trust 15 Annual Gala was a fun filled spectacular, showcasing the talent of Rexdale students. More importantly, it served one great...

Professional Development

The Power of Words

BY: KEISHA JOHNSON Sometimes we dismiss or discredit the power of words as hocus pocus. But the recent celebration of Father’s Day underscored to me...

How to Manage Use of Our Time Effectively and Prioritize the Important Over the...

BY: KEISHA JOHNSON It seems nearly impossible these days to manage the use of our time effectively so that the things that matter most get...

How to Clarify What Is My Purpose

BY: KEISHA JOHNSON Clarifying ‘what is my purpose’ is one of the biggest contentions people grapple with. If you’ve ever thought about this, you can probably...