BY: KIZZY COURTNEY
Makeup for the workplace is one of the toughest things to get right. I mean early mornings can be hell for some as it is, with making sure your outfit is right, eating a healthy breakfast, or wrangling your kids out the door. Sitting down to do your makeup is the last thing on your mind; however, looking competent and professional is extremely important in the workplace. Perfecting a quick ten-minute makeup look should be an essential part of your morning routine. For this, you may have to put down the hot pink lipstick and glittery eyeliner, however, you don’t have to go bare-faced. The trick is finding a look that enhances your natural beauty and makes you look polished and put together.
Makeup for the workplace should focus on the basics, and if done right will enhance your natural features and have you ready for the long day ahead in no time at all. Here are a few simple tips to quickly perfect your morning makeup routine.
Natural Glowy Skin
- When it comes to the skinless is always more, using a tinted moisturizer or BB creams is the simplest way to get a flawless base quickly.
- After the base, touch up with some concealer where required.
- Add a little blush or bronzer if you like
- Although they are quite understated, your brows are a very important part of your face. They frame your face and give it an edge.
- Using a light hand fill in your brows using a pencil that works best with your skin tone and you’ll realize what a difference it brings to your face.
- For eyes, it is best to keep it simple and stick to neutral, earth tone eyeshadow colours like browns, beige, taupes. Never use glittery shadows as they do not look professional unless the environment calls for it.
- If you’re a liner lover draw your eyes perfectly by getting as close to the lashes as you can. Your liner should at no point of time appear thick and overdone.
- Mascara should be done as naturally as possible, just a few coats are all you need.
- Like the eyes, you want to stay away from shades that will be too distracting, try to avoid neon colours or dark colours like red or berry, and stick to nudes or beige.
- It is very important for you to use a non-transferable and long-lasting lip colour because you cannot touch up your makeup every half hour.
- If you like lip-gloss, please ensure that it is without shimmery particles. Over the course of the day, your lipstick fades and the shimmer sticking to your lips looks bad.
Your makeup should always enhance your features, and not hide who you are. It should not look cakey or layered. Your skin should look relaxed, it should make you feel both comfortable and amazing. You spend over 8-10 hours a day with makeup on and by the time the day ends, you don’t want to feel like your makeup is melting off or you can scrape it off because you’ve got so much on. Always remember to never sleep with your makeup on. It is very important to always remove your makeup after reaching home with a good cleanser, apply a good night cream to repair and help take care of your skin. Your skin bears all kinds of chemicals, heat, cold and sun-rays during the day. You need to pamper your skin with at least a night cream to replenish it overnight. Every woman on this earth is beautiful in her own way. Every time we look at the mirror, we admire ourselves, and then, of course, there is makeup to enhance our beauty and make us more confident and happy about ourselves. Let’s admit it…makeup is fun!